Run the Edge 2015

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Learned a few things

     Over the month of November and December I kind of took a break from running.  I also took a break from eating the way I have been over the last couple of years.  I started noticing some huge differences in my body in late December.  And no!  It has nothing to do with weight.

     Roughly three years ago I learned that I was in menopause.  Nothing big right?  Wrong!  The hot flashes are unbearable.  I would be sleeping and wake up sweating and needing to throw off all the covers.  In the dead of winter I left the window to my bedroom open at least 3 inches.  My son always stated, "Mom this is the coldest room in the house."  Great way to keep everyone out right?

     Along with hot flashes came the messed up periods.  Sometimes I'd go for 3 days and others 2 weeks.  It would be 45 days between and sometimes just 2 weeks.  It was driving me absolutely bonkers.  This lead me to download an app to help me keep track in November.   Well here's what it looks like as of this morning...



     Now you can see where the frustration is and why I downloaded it. 

     This past week and a half I decided that I would go back to my green smoothies in the morning.  I added more fruit to my day also.  Guess what?  Hot flashes are down, they aren't gone but at least I am not consumed by them like I have been.  Another thing...my period has finally came back.  Today as the matter of fact.  This has been the longest I have gone except the 3 months before I went to the doctor to find out I'm in menopause.

     What have I learned?  I wouldn't say it is what I have learned as much as what I have affirmed.  The foods we are putting into our bodies affect us greatly.  It's not only the weight but EVERYTHING!  I have always been one to give you hundreds of reason as to why you should eat more fruits and veggies.  I had all these statistics and things I learned from books and people... 

     But now, now I have a real life experience and I it all affirmed what I have been thinking, sharing, preaching all along.  Whole fresh fruits and vegetables are the way to go for a healthier body.  The foods we eat contain so much chemicals and other things our body just can not handle.  The outcome of course is shown through weight, diseases and many side effects that we can't even control unless we put even more chemicals in our body with medicine.  You wouldn't need medicine if you just ate correctly.  OK...I'm off the soap box.  Sometimes I can get carried away, however I just had to share my experience lately. 

     I'm excited to say that after Monday I reached my 100 miles for my Run the Edge challenge. 



     As of this morning I am at 117.5 miles!  Woo hoo!  I'm rocking it.  Still a few miles behind but I will catch up!

     Now time to hold me accountable...

 
Monday
 

Thursday
 
 
Friday
 

Saturday
 
     I am very excited because this week I also signed up for the Yellowstone Half Marathon in June.  It's official...I am going to Yellowstone!  I have been thinking, wishing, envisioning myself there and the ball is now rolling to get me there.  I am so grateful and thankful for so many things in my life right now.  I'm ready for this next week...bring it on!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment