Run the Edge 2015

Sunday, January 18, 2015

1st week of real training!

     Well I have almost made it through my first "real" week of training.  I must say I ran all my runs except for my little one yesterday...however!  I AM making that up today by going to run 5 miles with some new ladies!  I am so excited about this.  Scared too because, well I am slow and I am on a run/walk program.  I don't want to hold anyone up and I'm afraid I will :(  None the less...I'm getting it done and making new friends in the process.  Nothing beats that!

     I have been thinking about this whole Run the Edge challenge where I am suppose to run 2015 miles in 2015.  I decided to do it solo and not make a team.  I decided this in part because I am a letter carrier and I figured I could get the miles in this way along with my training/races.  There are days I ride more than I walk or days I only walk, so to me it was a good idea.

     At first I felt good about combining the miles.  I was thinking that it was the only way for me to get in all the miles.  Then I see where others are making statements that you only count purposeful steps, etc.  Well I don't count days that I don't work nor run.  I only count the days I am out there walking the route knowing I am not doing it at a leisurely pace.  I believe that in order to make the 2015 miles I had to walk an average of 5.52 miles a day.   As of today, this morning, I am only at 4% (86 miles).  I'm thinking I am going to keep my thought process and when it seems too easy, then I will rethink how to proceed further.  ***Trying not to feel too bad about it***

     Let's talk some issues I am facing.  Number one issue is I have already lost one toenail that will never come back and stay, but now I am losing another.  I can't say that it is a huge issue after awhile.  It is only bothersome the first few weeks that it is bruised.  Thank goodness my other half doesn't mind ugly feet.  That's all I'm saying.
 
     My second issue is my tummy issues right now.  No matter how hard I have tried to get it better I am still troubled with colon issues.  I will try tonight an option that I haven't tried in almost a year and hopefully that will turn the tables in my favor.  Running when your tummy has issues and is moving and rolling is very distracting.  Let's hope I get it taken care of.

     Now to hold me accountable....

 
Monday
 


Tuesday


Wednesday
 

Thursday

 

Friday
 
 
Saturday
 
 
     I will let you know how today goes.  I must be getting ready soon.  I am running outside for once...woo hoo!  I hope to make this a permanent place to run at because my Yellowstone Half Marathon is a lot of trail running.  I also found out I get a huge discount being a veteran...Oh yeah!  Way excited about that AND to have a little vacation time with my sweetheart! 
 
      Here goes nothing....
 



No comments:

Post a Comment