Run the Edge 2015

Monday, January 19, 2015

First trail run

     OMGoodness!  Let me just admit right now that trail runners are the $hit!  Y'all are superstars and I would love to be one of you!  With that being said let me just say that I wanted to die.  Yes, die! 
 
     First off I am as clumsy as they come.  I have fallen many times just over those little things we(I) call "monkey balls" and pine cones.  Seriously!  The whole time I was running I kept telling myself, "Be sure to pick those feet up.  Watch where your stepping.  Make sure you step over that root."  And of course the pesky voice in my head asking, "What are you doing?  Are you crazy?"

     Second off it was the first ever running with a whole new set of girls(friends).  I was very nervous.  You know me, I'm the quiet shy one.  I was worried about how they ran.  I knew I couldn't run as fast as them so I was going to be way behind them.  But these girls didn't care and was full of encouragement afterwards.  I don't know why I was so worried about it, ugh!  I put myself under unneeded stress.

     Overall the experience was great!  I did ask myself several times, "What the hell where you thinking?  Do you really think you can do this?  You do realize that once you start there is no way back to your truck except to finish this?  Do you think these girls would get mad if I decided to walk the rest of the way?"   Then there was a few times I was like, "Which trail do I take?"  A quick phone called settled the hardest split to decipher.

     Sooooooo the time has come to hold me accountable.  Look at that elevation will ya?  My Nike+ app says I climbed 33 floors?  Really?  My legs are gonna be died tomorrow.  Thank goodness I don't work!



     I can honestly say I am very proud of myself...I did it and I felt good afterwards!  I'm at 91 miles for the month towards my 2015!  I am a little behind but I think I will make it. 

     Life is good today...running sure makes me smile more!

No comments:

Post a Comment